Sunday 11 February 2007

New addiction

I can't help it. LibraryThing is more addictive than crack! Throw in a bibliophile and compulsive book collector like me and its a marriage made in heaven.

On the subject of my book collection, I've been thinking about how I'm going to store and organise my books once I'm back home. Randomly came across this article on storing books on andre norton's website. It has some useful tips, though obviously its more useful to hardcore collectors out to preserve 'precious' old editions etc. which isn't exactly my thing. So many of my books have come from dusty bookstalls at Itwar Bazaar, to call them 'used' would be a major understatement. Still, I would like to do something to keep out some of the humidity and dust that starts pitting and yellowing even new books very quickly.

IZ

No comments: