Friday 23 February 2007

1000 and Counting!

Ladies and gentlemen, I bid you all doff your caps to commemorate a most auspicious event - the acquisition of my 1000th (that's right, one thousandth) fiction book.

And the book that has the fortune of being the millennial work of (prose) fiction in my library is 'Whit' by Iain Banks. Needless to say, I shall dive into reading it as soon as possible and then post up my thoughts on it here. I'm quiet looking forward to it - it seems like a most interesting read.

I now have 1009 works of fiction in my library.

My recorded non-fiction library currently stands at 474. And for those of you who are simply dying to know, the 474th book is Cloak and Gown, Robin W. Winks' historical study of the connection between scholars from Yale and the OSS (which would later become the CIA) from 1939 to 1961.

I have the original hardback which has a different cover, but this one looks kind of cool too, so there you go.

IZ

No comments: