Friday 9 February 2007

Iraq Documentaries

Two of the pictures up for the best documentary Oscar are about Iraq. Both seem pretty interesting and I think I would like to see them. So far, I haven't seen anything really special about the Iraq war. Michael Moore's 'Fahrenheit 911' didn't seem well put together or thought out, though it was powerful in bits. 'Control Room' which was an inside look at Al Jazeera was very interesting and very well done, however it wasn't about Iraq as such. I confess I actually never finished watching 'The Iraq War Uncovered' - it was far too dry, and really didn't present anything anyone who had been following the news in those days wouldn't already know (unless maybe all they watched was Fox or something).

So, 'Iraq in Fragments' and 'My Country, My Country' both sound particularly interesting, especially since they are about Iraqis and about life after the invasion.

IZ

No comments: