Monday 16 April 2007

On Not Keeping Up With the Joneses

Well when I started this blog I was hoping that I would jot down a few notes about each book I read... as it turns out things haven't really worked out that way. I would like to think that the tremendous rate at which I devour books leaves me little time for the difficult task of blogging about them, but the little itty bitty part of me that occasionally pricks my conscience into speaking the truth would have us believe that I have been seriously remiss in my duties and not a little lazy about this.

mea culpa.

On the up side a quick glance at the Zokuto meter in the margin of my blog tells me that I've now read 27 books this year already (making that 41% of my pledged reading total) while a mere 107 days (just under 30% of the year) have passed, so I am well on the way of achieving my targets.

Hmm... maybe my targets are not ambitious enough. Maybe I should shoot for... oh, say 75 books (36% done) or even... heaven forfend... 100 books!!! No, that would be a little too ambitious. I'll have a ponder over the 75 mark. In the meanwhile I'll try and get more written about the books I'm reading.

No comments: