Monday 16 April 2007

Independent Internet Radio Stations under Threat

I don't know a great deal about internet radio and its only recently that I have started listening in. SomaFM has a number of stations, and it often forms nice background music when I'm studying. Anyway, apparently due to new legislation that targets internet radio for huge payments to recording companies, most small independent internet radio stations are under threat of closure.

Not really having a congressional representative, I don't think I am in a position to join in the campaign to save internet radio. But those of you who are, please do go ahead and do so. Its in a good cause.

IZ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could help with this effort as well. But I live in Canada. I hope Soma FM stays on the air.